Saturday, June 30, 2012

Milk that is Milk

Breastfeeding is important to me. Why is it so important?  Because I work with a lot of women who have don't have a lot of money.  Do you know how I know they don't have a lot of money?  Because I don't have a lot of money, and I make decent money and work six days a week.  It amazes me that so many women choose not to try breastfeed when it's FREE.

Besides being free, breastfeeding is so much better for mom and baby.  I think most people are aware of this, but they choose formula because it's convenient.

Breastfeeding is hard. As women, we associate breastfeeding with being natural...so is has to be easy, right?  The baby is going to pop out of your who-ha and come to the breast and it's going to be this magical moment.  Wrong!  Breastfeeding is hard.  It takes a lot of patience, practice, and perseverance to succeed.  But if you don't give up, breastfeeding will eventually become the easiest thing you ever did...way more convenient than bottle feeding your baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment